"Forums like this are long overdue. People have been talking at each other – from different sides of the fence. We can't allow that any longer. We all know we have problems. But guess what? Those problems aren't going to be solved by Washington alone. The most immediate and effective solutions are going to come at the local level – and will be the result of people from all kinds of backgrounds and with different points of view coming together and talking to each other – at forums like this. That is how we can make positive change."
-Ray Flynn, Former Boston Mayor, U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican, and a panelist in a recent CITIZENARTS forum
Our programs are presented in public forums and are frequently part of upper high school and university class curriculums, lectures and panels — where they complement coursework (For a list of our current affiliations with universities and other entities in the U.S., Asia and Europe, please click here).
Some key reasons CITIZENARTS is invited to academic institutions throughout the U.S. and in China and Europe are:
- Relevancy of presentation - Forums cover key civic, cultural, economic and other topics in the U.S. and China and soon India and Europe. CITIZENARTS presenters have deep, timely, firsthand knowledge of those topics.
- Content validity - Rigorous research underpins our documentaries, and we are guided in their development by the CITIZENARTS International Advisory Council of academics, civic and business leaders, journalists and others.
- Academic experience - CITIZENARTS presenters have years of experience in working collaboratively with faculty and in engaging students.
- Faculty/student participation - Faculty, students and civic leaders often participate on forum discussion panels.
- Student appeal - Our documentaries are applauded for being entertaining and compelling as well as insightful and substantive. Many of our partner academic institutions enhance student interest and participation by providing course credit.
- Time and venue flexibility - Our forums are designed to work within class timeframes and in larger, less time-limited settings.
- Affordability - As a self-sustaining, non-commercial organization, CITIZENARTS is able to offer its educational programs without fees. When budgets allow, we do appreciate a voluntary honorarium and travel expenses.
- Ease in planning/executing - Forums come together quickly. Our staff assists in planning the event, creating promotional materials (if needed) and ensuring technology compatibility.
For information about whom to contact to bring CITIZENARTS presentations to a school, organization or other venue, please click here.
Here are scenes from a few recent CITIZENARTS educational forums on campuses around the US and in China.